What is it?Even though you may need advice, you may not need us to manage your money forever, and that’s okay! Sometimes it doesn’t make sense to pay on-going fees for someone to manage your whole situation as you may be in a period where there’s not much to do, such as early on in your career, or you are happy and capable enough to manage it yourself. It may be something as simple as choosing the best new fund after your transition into civilian world and what to do with your existing funds or, how to best navigate the insurance world as an ex-service personnel with potential injuries listed as pre-exclusions, or even how to utilise the Defence benefits such as DOHAS and HPAS. Our once off Financial Advice model allows you to come in, set up, review or change your structures in line with your goals without having to feel obligated to be locked in forever and a day paying on-going fees. As long as we agree you are capable of doing so and it is the right thing for your situation, we are more than happy for you to manage yourself and just pop in when needed for check-ups. Just don’t be a stranger!
How does it work• Financial Advice is always more expensive and time consuming as it does take into account your personal circumstances and objectives. This means the solutions will be tailored to you and what you need rather than a generic idea of things.
• However, the process is far more valuable as every person is different and even though ideas and theories are similar for numerous people, the execution is usually different across multiple areas.
• For this service you pay and up front fee according to how much work is involved and have no on-going fee obligations. If you wish to have your advice reviewed in the future we will price it under the same model as per your initial engagement adjusting any changes to what you would like to review the next time around.
• The process for financial advice is to first have a 15 minute call to rule out if you may be suited better to Financial Consulting. We then discuss your main areas of concern and what it is you want to achieve. This will give us an idea on what areas we need to focus on.
• We will then book you in for a 45-90 minute session and request some pre-game information for you to gather to help us get to the good bits sooner in our meeting – your family and manger/s are welcome to this also.
• The first session is one of the most valuable sessions you will do. We cover off on almost nothing financial and focus on the WHAT of your life i.e. what is it you want to do with your precious time.
• Between this session and the gathered information we can determine what areas of advice you need such as Superannuation, Insurance, Cash Flow, Investments, Debt Reduction, Taxation strategies or a mix of those and any others we come across.